If you are like me, you are always on the lookout for a quick and easy snack idea or a something that you can whip-up tout de suite for entertaining.
One of our go-to appetizers and snacks is hummus.
This recipe is the easiest I have found and we love it. It can be mixed up in about 5 minutes – what could be quicker than that?
|Quick and Easy Hummus||
- 19 oz can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2-4 large cloves of garlic (I use 3 – I enjoy a wee bit of the garlic!)
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (fresh is great, bottled works, too)
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil and water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add olive oil and then water, until desired consistency
- Best if chilled before serving – I like to give the flavor a bit of time to develop.
- Great with veggies, pita or bread wedges or crackers.