It’s Monday Listicles time again over at The Good Life, and today’s topic is something I have been thinking about a lot lately: 10 Tiny Things That Bring You Joy, as suggested by Wendy from Stamping Rules.
I think about happiness often. And lately I have noticed that my happiest moments are not the big ones – the promotions, the vacation, the new TV – but the smaller, simpler moments. These are moments that I sometimes have to watch to catch. Because some of them are such everyday experiences, if I am not paying attention, they can pass me by entirely.
Here are some of the quiet moments that I savour:
1. Hot coffee in the morning (and lately, in the afternoon, too.)
2. A piece of chocolate in the afternoon (maybe with coffee or tea.) Or maybe a cookie or a muffin – just a little somethin’ somethin’.
3. Capturing the perfect photo – Catching that expression, that moment for all time makes me so happy.
4. Singing in the car or in the kitchen – I feel like singing is the outward expression of joy for me.
5. Seeing my children joyful – I feel such a sense of pride and affection and contentment when I see them happy.
6. Home days – Snow days, no-school day or weekend days when there is nowhere to go, to schedule to keep. Extra jammie time and no pressure. I love those days.
7. Movie nights – A Saturday night feature most weekends at our house. We have come to love these evenings of snacks and cozy blankets and family flicks.
8. Playing games – “Will you play with me?” Whether it’s cards or Wii or air hockey, I love those moments when it’s “Game on.”
9. Walks – I love the fresh air and perspective that comes with a walk in the world, either as a family or on my own.
10. End of the day cuddles – Those pajama-clad snuggles with bedtime snacks that end our days and help us look forward to the one yet to come.
I like to look at these things as if they are little drops into a bucket.
Moments of happy accumulating in my bucket of happy – drip by happy drop.
These little drops of happy bring big happy to my life.
Linking up with Monday Listicles today