This past week, being the first week in the new year, was full of talk of resolutions. It is to be expected.
I didn’t make any resolutions this year – I actually haven’t for a few years now. You see, I am more of a goal-setter than a resolution-maker. And my goals never change; they are ongoing. I tend to go with the standard ‘eat better, move more, be more organized’ sort of goals – and they always need attention.
But, there are some things about me that are a given. They just come with me as part of the built-in software. Just like mascara, these things are part of my makeup. And, as much as they may be annoying or embarrassing – now or in the future – it is just the way I am.
Sing it, Billy:
(Don’t worry, Billy – I won’t go changin’.)
So, for this year (and likely all to come,) here are
10 Things Not Changing About Me (Probably Ever)
1. I’m still going to be a bit of a geek. I am partial to sci-fi and Jane Austen. (I know my Star Trek captains and the colour of Mr. Darcy’s favourite coat.)
2. I’m still going to sing – probably loudly – in the car. And I probably won’t stop when another motorist sees me.
3. I am still going to turn the kitchen into a total disaster when I cook.
4. I am not giving up coffee. (As Taylor Swift so eloquently says: never, ever, ever. Like ever.)
5. I will still keep nearly every sentimental memento. Although, I will strive to organize them more – before my husband calls the producers of ‘Hoarders.’
6. I will still be clumsy. I have recently been told (by my husband) that I should just *not* run any more, at any time. He says the seconds I could potentially gain are just not worth the trip for stitches.
7. I will still laugh just a *little* too loudly in small gatherings.
8. I’m still going to write. (‘Cause this space, right here? Creating it was one of my highlights of 2012.)
9. I will still wear my heart on my sleeve and cry at random commercials, every children’s movie we watch and anytime someone else cries.
10. And, as long as I have my family by my side, a song in my heart and a cup of coffee in hand, I will still have the world on a string.
Hit it, Michael:
Bonus: I may always leave you with a song – mostly because everything reminds me of one. (Hopefully it’s not an earworm – I’ve been known to do that, too.)
Don’t you go changing, either! What will stay the same for you this year?
Linking up with Monday Listicles today