The other day, David (AKA Co-Pilot Dad) and I celebrated fifteen years of marriage.
Over all, it has been a pretty awesome adventure, so I wrote a little something to acknowledge the day that was sappy and sentimental. Which, if you have hung out with me here before, you may have expected. Sappy and sentimental? I am your girl.
However, I feel that things have been sappy and sentimental enough here lately, what with my writing about the end of summer, the shuffling of my needs to the bottom of the pile, and the start of the new school year.
We could do with some lightening up.
So in the spirit of fun – which pretty much embodies our marriage, anyway – I present:
Why am I glad I married David? Well, I can think of 2 reasons immediately:
Reasons 1. and 2.
Oops. Treading dangerously close to sentimental ground right off the bat.
Let’s try to get back on track.
3. He cooks on the weekends. And he makes a mean curry.
4. I have someone to talk to about my sometimes mad, off-the-wall theories on movies and TV shows and books.
5. He was very adept at cleaning up pet vomit.
(See? A post that mentions vomit cannot be considered sappy.)
6. When the basement flooded (twice,) he wielded a wetvac like a pro.
7. He reaches things on high shelves.
8. He is great at opening jars.
9. He is knowledgeable in many things. (Read: he is a know-it-all. But I probably am, too.)
10. He unclogs drains.
11. He helps me with all manner of technical mumbo-jumbo. I would not have been able to start my blog without his help.
12. He gets up with the boys so I can sleep in sometimes on the weekends.
13. Even though I switch it all around when he is done, he still volunteers to load the dishwasher.
14. He doesn’t ask me what I did all day when he comes home and sees dishes in the sink, crumbs on the floor and piles of folded laundry adorning the furniture.
15. He supports my dreams and doesn’t begrudge me the nights I spend writing – time that I might otherwise spend with hanging out with him.
Happy Anniversary to my best friend. I am so lucky to have him as my partner in this crazy, hard, sweet, beautiful life.
Well, I almost managed to avoid the sappy sentimentality.
What are some of the things you appreciate about your partner? Or, what are you looking for in a partner?
I am honoured to be nominated as one of Skinny Scoop’s Top 25 Canadian Mom Bloggers for 2013! If you have a moment, I would love it if you pop over to vote for me. (It is a one-time only vote.) Scroll own to the comment that lists Co-Pilot Mom (there is a picture of me there) and click ‘Like.’ (It will ask you to sign in.) Thank you so much for your support!