I love me some movie quotes. Co-Pilot Dad and I have many, many quotes that are long-running jokes with us. Just one word is all it takes and one of us will immediately know what the other is thinking. Then suddenly we are quoting entire scenes of movies. (Yeah, we’re quirky and entertaining like that.)
Here are some of the quotes in our repertoire:
2. “There’s no crying in baseball!” – A League of Their Own
3. “Verify range to target. One ping only.” – The Hunt for Red October (I wrote a post about this one.)
4. “Farm boy, fetch me that pitcher.”
“As you wish.” – The Princess Bride (We actually have an entire collection of quotes from The Princess Bride.)
5. “Adventure. -heh- Excitement. -heh- A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!” – The Empire Strikes Back (We also have an extensive Star Wars quote catalog – although my Yoda voice stinks.)
6. “In the words of David Cassidy, in fact, while he was still with the Partridge Family, ‘I think I love you.’” – Four Weddings and a Funeral
7. “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.” – Finding Nemo (This one works best said in song.)
8. “Love is a many splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love.” – Moulin Rouge
(We both loved 90s SNL – another large selection of quotes available.)
10. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” – Dead Poets Society (my husband does a great whisper on this one.)
So there you have it – just a sampling of the extensive collection of quotes that we use to entertain and amuse ourselves – and anyone else who happens to be nearby. Although our movie-watching since having children is definitely not what it was before, we have seen many movies together over the years.
I hope to see many, many more.
Tell me about your favourite movie quotes in the comments – am I forgetting any?
Linking up with Monday Listicles today